This online Portal provides information, data, and services related to the business of the Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property (herein referred to as “SAIP”).
1: By using this Portal, the User acknowledges and undertakes as follows:
1. Not to use the Portal to infringe any third party intellectual property rights, and in the event of this occurrence, the User shall be fully responsible for any liability arising from such infringement.
2. Not to provide or download files, works, marks, signals, data, or other information that is not owned by the User or for which the User does not have a license.
3. Not to provide or upload files on this Portal that contain viruses or corrupt data.
4. Not to publish, advertise, distribute, or circulate any materials or information, which is defamatory, violates regulations, is indecent, obscene, violates public morals, or any illegal materials or information through the Portal.
5. Not to use any means, software, or procedure to interfere or attempt to interfere with the Portal's correct operation.
6. Not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately huge load on the Portal structure.
2: The right to examine, amend or rectify personal data
• Any user who provides SAIP with his personal information has the right to examine, amend or rectify his personal information.
• The User may modify his personal information through the designated service on the Portal and to the permitted extent with SAIP approval.
1. The User agrees that all SAIP notices or educational and promotional messages shall be sent to the User, whether in soft or hard copies, or published on SAIP website or via SMS or any other means determined by SAIP and shall come into effect as of the date of sending or publishing them on the service website.
2. The User shall contact the technical support number indicated on SAIP website in the event of any issue or defect in the service or an inquiry or suggestion to improve service. The User shall follow the instructions provided by the technical support to address the issue.
3. No correspondences received from SAIP shall be considered unless the User receives a notification, whether in hard or soft copy, confirming the receipt of the correspondences or notifications.
4. The User shall notify SAIP of any change or modification to his address or information. Any instructions or correspondence shall be considered to be notified to and received by the User in the event of his failure to provide such notification.
4: Collection and Use of Online Information
1. The servers operating the Portal automatically capture your IP address when you visit the Portal (your IP address is the number of your computer, which allows other devices connected to the internet to determine the destination of its outgoing data, and collect some Information, e.g., browser type and search engine, while you remain anonymous.
2. SAIP use of your Internet protocol helps us diagnose problems in our servers, and to conduct the necessary statistics on the use of the Portal (traffic and the language of the computer you use). We do not allow any party other than the technical team of SAIP Portal to have access to your IP.
5: Personal Information Protection
The User’s personal information will only be accessible by SAIP employees who require access to it and are authorized for this purpose. Such information will not be available to the public without the User’s consent. No such information may be exchanged, circulated or sold to any third party without the User’s prior consent. Access to this information is only allowed to qualified and professional persons who provide SAIP services that are consistent with your transactions on the Portal.
6: SAIP Rights
This Portal belongs to the Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property. All contents of the Portal, including software and information are fully protected under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. You may not sell, license, lease, modify, copy, reproduce, upload, advertise, transfer, distribute, display publicly or edit or create works derived from any materials or contents of this Portal for public or commercial purposes, without obtaining the prior written consent of the Portal administration. It is strictly prohibited to modify any of the contents of the Portal. Any graphics and images on this Portal are protected by regulations, and may not be reproduced or exploited in any way, without the prior written consent of the Portal administration.
7: Virus protection
SAIP strives to examine and test this Portal's contents throughout the production stages. We advise you to always run anti-virus software for all materials downloaded from the Portal. We assume no responsibility for any loss, interruption or damage to your data or your computer, which may occur during the connection to this Portal, or when using any material received from this Portal.
Some information in the Portal may change. Therefore, SAIP bears no responsibility for any liability or consequences that may result from making use of any information on the Portal, including:
• Information accuracy and correctness.
• Effectiveness of non-breach.
• Continuity or validity.
• Appropriateness of the Portal contents.
• The Portal or server is free of viruses or harmful components.
9: Limitation of Liability
The use of this Portal shall be at the User’s own risk. SAIP shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage of any kind that may be incurred to you as a result of the User’s use, visit, or reliance on any statement, opinion, or advertisement on the Portal, or any delay in operation, connection failures, internet access issues, equipment or software malfunctions, or the behavior or thoughts of any person having access to this Portal. Therefore, the User acknowledges and agrees that the exclusive and only way to remedy any damage or loss that may occur as a result of his access to or use of this online Portal is to refrain from using or accessing it, discontinue doing so or to request assistance from SAIP technical support.
The User undertakes to submit to the judicial authorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with all claims and disputes arising from the use of this Portal.
11: Waiver of Claims
The Portal, including all information, services, materials and functions thereof, or that can be accessed through the Portal, provides use “as is” and “as available” without any declaration, promises or guarantees of any kind. SAIP disclaims any guarantee or responsibility for any interruptions, errors or violations that may arise from the use of this Portal or its contents or any site linked to it, whether with or without its knowledge.
The User acknowledges not to demand compensation from SAIP or to take any action against it or any of its departments, parties, employees, or agents responsible for managing, maintaining, updating or providing the Portal. SAIP disclaims any obligations or responsibilities that may arise for any breach by you of the terms and conditions of use, or any regulations in force, whether in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or in your place of residence.
13: Termination of Use
SAIP may, at its discretion, terminate, restrict or suspend your right to access and use the Portal without notice and for any reason, including violating the terms and conditions of use or any illegal or harmful behavior to third parties. In the event of termination, you will not be authorized to access this Portal.
We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Policy, if necessary and as appropriate.